Want to save OLM files in Thunderbird Mac profile, then this article will help you. In this, we explain the steps to download your Mac Outlook files into your Thunderbird profile effortlessly.
Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the free email clients that is used in Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. It uses various types of file formats but an MBOX file is used to store the data. In Thunderbird, all the personal information like emails, contacts, calendars, events, etc. in the profile folder which is separately located from the Thunderbird program file. Because if something wrong happened to your Thunderbird application the data is still available.
Outlook for Mac is also an email client which is a counterpart of Outlook for Windows. It uses two file formats OLK and OLM file formats. Both files have different purposes: OLK files are used to save the Mac Outlook data and OLM files export it. Despite these, Mac Outlook is not one of the good email programs. That’s why users use Thunderbird software to save their data. Therefore, they want to export Mac Outlook files in Thunderbird profile.
Process to Save OLM Files in Thunderbird Mac Profile
There is no manual way to transfer OLM files in the Thunderbird profile folder. Due to OLM files being used only in Mac Outlook. So, we use a professional method for that. In this method, we use a third-party tool to convert OLM files into MBOX format. But before using the tool we first export the data which we want to OLM files. Then convert the files, and after that, we import the converted file into the Thunderbird profile folder. Hence, the process to save the files is divided into three steps.
- Export Mac Outlook data into OLM files.
- Use a tool to convert OLM into MBOX file.
- Import the converted MBOX file into the Thunderbird profile folder.
Step 1: Export Mac Outlook Data into OLM Files
This step is easy and doesn’t take much time, so follow the steps given below.
- Open the Mac Outlook program and go to the File option.
- Click on the Export and select Export to Archive File (.olm).
- Now select the mailbox items you want to import and then click on the Right arrow button.
- Click on Do not delete items and again press the right arrow button.
- Browse a location where you want to save your files and name it. Click on the Save button.
With these steps, your OLM files are ready to convert into MBOX file.
Step 2: Use Tool to Convert OLM Files into MBOX Format
Although all the steps are important, you have to pay a lot of attention to this step. Because, if not then it will become difficult to save OLM files in Thunderbird Mac profile. The tool we use here is SysTool software that converts Mac OLM files into MBOX. The tool is free to download and has an easy-to-use interface so that it becomes easy for both technical and non-technical users. It also has some features that help the users in their work.
Features of Software
- The software not only converts OLM into MBOX, but you can convert it into multiple other formats like EML, PDF, HTML, VCF, etc.
- It allows users to export bulk OLM files along with attachments.
- Users can scan their files for any potential threat or attack.
- You can export selected files and emails from categories and date filter options.
- The software has an option naming convention in which you name your files.
Instructions to Convert OLM Files into MBOX
- Download and launch the software. After installing, open it.
- At the right pane of the screen two options: Add file(s) and Add folder(s) are there, choose any option from these.
- Now, go to the location where you saved your converted files and click on the Open button. Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Export selected folder and wait for the scanning process of the software.
- Once the scanning is done, you can click on the Yes button to save the scanned file or No.
- Now, select the MBOX file from the Export type option and click on Advance settings.
- From here, you can name your files in the Naming convention option, and export selected data by selecting the Categories and Date filter to export selected emails. Click on the Save option.
- Click on the Maintain Folder Hierarchy option and then the Change button to set the location of your saved file.
- At last, click on the Export option.
Note: you can also import your OLM files into Thunderbird Windows profile by using SysTools OLM to PST Converter Software. It is the same as above mentioned software that allows not only conversion of the file into PST files but also in MBOX file format.
Step 3: Import Converted MBOX Files into Thunderbird Mac Profile
This is the last step of this process to save OLM files in Thunderbird Mac profile. Here, we explain how to create a profile folder and after creating the folder, when you import your converted MBOX file in Thunderbird. All the data will automatically be saved in the profile folder.
- First, open your Thunderbird in your system. Go to the Help option.
- Select Troubleshooting information, under the Application Basics. Click on About profiles.
- Select Create a New Profile, after clicking it a new welcome window will appear. Click on the Next option.
- Enter the name you want for your profile select the Choose folder option to navigate your profile folder and click on Finish.
- Now, when you import your MBOX file into Thunderbird, it will automatically save it in this profile folder.
- To import, simply go to the Tools option, select Add-ons, and download the Import tool.
- Again go to the Tools option and select the Import option.
- Click on Import from File, then Continue. Select import from the Backed-up profile and then Continue.
- Now, select the profile folder you have just created and click on Continue.
- Choose the mailbox items you want to import, then Continue. At the end, click on the Start Import option.
In this article, we discussed a method you can use to save OLM files in the Thunderbird Mac profile folder. To do this, we use the help of a professional method. Because there is no manual method available. This method has three steps to export OLM files. First is to transfer all the Mac Outlook data in an OLM file, then use the software mentioned above to convert OLM files into MBOX format. At last, create a profile folder in Thunderbird and then import the converted MBOX file into the newly created profile.